Tuesday, July 2, 2013

the one with the royal baby

So my latest prepster purchase I lovingly refer to as my "royal baby".  Thanks to Modalu's summer sale, I'm the proud owner of a Modalu Pippa Grab - yes, THAT Pippa! This glorious handbag graces the arms of such celebs as Pippa Middleton and... well apparently the bag is so well known as the Pippa, that a google search only returns pages of her name, along with Carole and Kate. It was originally known as the Bristol, but once Pippa was photographed carrying it a couple years ago, its popularity has skyrocketed and Modalu officially renamed the bag to its royal fan's namesake.

I'm typically not one to mimic celeb styles - I'm terrible at keeping up with celeb gossip and can't afford 99% of what celebs wear. However, I became obsessed with this handbag as a working woman. I've carried my Longchamp bag since junior year of college (that was 5 years ago) and not only was it wearing thin (literally), but I was also getting overly frustrated with constantly digging through the bag to find anything and shoving my work folders and notebooks into an already cluttered space. The Modalu Pippa is just as large when it comes to space within, but it has three separate compartments to keep your items organized. I searched high and low for a similar bag at a lower pricepoint, but failed to ever lay my hands on one that looked as sophisticated as the Pippa. Whether that is the reality or just the fact that I really wanted the Modalu version, either way, the Modalu summer sale came to my rescue! 

A couple weeks ago, I was on the phone with my aunt, who shares my love of quality brands, when I finally shared with her that I wanted this bag. I had kept it a secret for a while, because I was embarrassed of how expensive it was and didn't want my aunt to offer her tough love on my spending habits. (Sidenote: Nonprofit job + exorbitant student loans = not a lot of spending money for designer handbags.) While I was on the phone with her, she looked it up on the Modalu website and low and behold, just that day, we discovered that the Pippa spring line was on sale! Usually around $350, depending on the color, I was able to order the 'sand' color for a mere $150! Those Brits really know the meaning of the word SALE! 
My Royal Baby on it's first day with me!

Back to how wonderful this bag is -- I keep all of my typical "purse" items in the back section. This section of the bag includes a zipper pocket and two slip pockets - I keep everything in this section - keys, phone, wallet, toiletry pouch, brush, sunglasses, reading glasses and more depending on the day. The middle section can hold my Erin Condren planner (more to come later on that!) comfortably or it can hold my iPad (housed in a Vera Bradley pouch) and Apple wireless keyboard comfortably. That's where the third section / front section comes in handy. I can throw my planner in the front section if I've got my iPad and also it stores file folders and legal notepads wonderfully. I tried getting my padfolio in the front section, but it's just a tad too wide to fit. I could fit it in vertically and leave it unzipped if I was really in a bind. 

I couldn't love this bag more - it really works for me as a professional, carrying work to and from the office, as well as a prepster, offering sophisticated "royal" style to any outfit I wear. Some ladies find a confidence boost from their shoes, or their hair style, this hand bag is all the confidence boost I need! 

I'll close with a quote from 10 Things I Hate About You:
Bianca: There's a difference between like and love. Because, I like my Skechers, but I love my Prada backpack. 
Chastity: But I love my Skechers. 
Bianca: That's because you don't have a Prada backpack. 

Love your current handbag? That's because you don't have a Pippa Grab. (said with as much lighthearted satire as possible, over and over again in my head waiting for a chance to use this line in real life)

Do you own or want to own a Pippa Grab? How does it work for you? Leave your comments below!

Thanks for stopping by! 

-Sarah
The Prepster Within

For more on the brands mentioned in this post:
Erin Condren: www.erincondren.com
Vera Bradley: www.verabradley.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics